About what happens when certificates & provisioning profiles of “apps which already have released” are expired or revoked.
I will skip writing about creating and setting up certificates & provisioning profiles.
Too long to expire... Testing in the following way.
Certificates - Support - Apple
Expired or Revoked Certificates
- Apple Push Notification Service Certificate
- You can no longer send push notifications to your app.
- Pass Type ID Certificate (Passbook)
- passes that are already installed on user's devices will continue to function normally.
- you will no longer be able to sign new passes.
- you will no longer be able to send updates to existing passes.
- your passes will no longer function properly.
- iOS Distribution Certificate (Enterprise Program)
- Users will no longer be able to run apps.
A provisioning profile is required only when building and archiving with Xcode。
Even if provisioning profiles are updated or deleted on Apple Developer Site, they did not affect apps which already have released.
Be careful of revoking certificates on Apple Developer Site.